River Rally 2014: “Becoming Better on the River”
September 26-28, 2014
We had a great time “Becoming Better on the River” this year. We hope you can join us next year. Below is just general information to get ready for 2015!
What IS River Rally?
If you have never been to River Rally – Welcome! We spend Friday night playing games and getting reacquainted. Saturday morning we rise nice and early for breakfast and then it’s off to the McKenzie River for all-day rafting (a nature hike/hot tub soak for those who refrain). The rafting company provides lunch on Saturday. We leave the McKenzie around 4pm and head to the Eugene YMCA for showers, return to FCC for a fabulous dinner and keynote worship, followed by games, movies, and leftovers. Sunday morning we attend worship together at 9:00 am and after closing circle we all sleep on the way back home! Can’t wait to see you at FCC Eugene!
- Open to all youth in grades 7-12 in the Oregon & Idaho Region & their friends!
- Raft down the McKenzie River or take a nature hike
- Enjoy God’s amazing creation & make some fabulous new friends!
- Hosted by the Youth of FCC Eugene
- Keynote Speaker: Drew Viles, FCC Eugene congregant, M2M chaperone, and Instructor of Language and Literature at Lane Community College in Eugene.
- Games, Worship, Friendship and God’s Creation– there is something for YOU at River Rally!
What to Bring
- Sleeping Bag
- Air mattress or pad for more comfortable sleeping
- Personal toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush/paste, etc) – we shower at the YMCA.
- Clothing: Be comfortable! T-shirts, shorts, and layers for varying weather. Bring at least 2 changes of clothes: one to be dry after rafting and another for Sunday morning worship.
- 2 towels (one for showering & one for swimming/rafting)
- Hat & Sunglasses (buy strings to keep from losing your sunglasses in the river!)
- Water Bottle
- Bible & Journal
For Saturday Activities
Hikers: bring boots or strong tennis shoes, bug spray/repellent, water bottle
Hot Springs Soakers: swimsuit, towel
Rafters: layer your clothing – swimsuit, shorts, shirt, sandals and rain gear.
TRY NOT to wear jeans, socks, or cotton clothing. (These hold water and you will be VERY cold!) The rafting company asks for your clothing sizes so they can provide wet suits and water repellent layers. Wool & synthetic blends are good to wear.
Guide to River Apparel Sizes
SIZE HEIGHT WEIGHT
XS 4’11-5’3 80-150
S 5’2-5’6 100-130
M 5’5-5’8 125-160
L 5’7-6’0 150-190
XL 5’10-6’2 180-205
XXL 6’1-6’4 195-220
3XL 6’3-6’5 215-230
4XL-5XL over 230-450
Yth M 4’3-4’4 67-75
Yth L 4’4-4’7 70-80
Please do not bring valuables or anything you do not want to lose. Cameras & cell phones should not go on the raft with you.
Each participant needs to return by September 14:
- FCC Registration form (see both sides – needs parent & youth signatures!) AND signed waiver forms from High Country Expeditions.
- You are welcome to make one payment from your church or individuals can make payments to FCC Eugene.
- Chaperones – contact April in the church office to ask questions. Chaperones are an important piece of this event – adults who can lead small group discussion & drive church vans.
Click below on the Registration Form and Release Forms: