9:00 a.m. Traditional Worship
10:15 a.m. Education Hour
11:15 a.m. New Celebration Service
For more information about services, click here.
Occasionally we have a Single Service on Sundays for special events such as Pentecost, Christmas, and Church in the Park. On these Single Service days, the one service takes place at 10:30 a.m. We send out announcements about combined services via our weekly E-News, Facebook page, and on our web homepage. If you would like to receive the weekly email that is sent every Friday, please email or call the church office at 541-344-1425.
God has called us to be a light in the world in the Heart of Eugene.
We commit ourselves to live as spirit-filled, Christ-like people, growing in the Community of God as envisioned by Jesus, strengthening our relationships with God, with each other, with our families and with the world.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation; people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are welcome in the full life and ministry of our church. We are a Global Ministries Church; we commit to praying, learning, and supporting people in need all over the world. We are a Green Chalice Church; we commit to caring for creation in unique and inspiring ways.
FROM OUR PASTORS
If you have not experienced a Disciples of Christ congregation before, we would like to share with you some of the distinctive characteristics of our church, which we hope you will find as appealing as we do.
- Simple Doctrine – Faith in Jesus Christ as a revelation of God’s as shown by Jesus Christ is our only requirement for membership.
- Diversity of Belief – Every person is free to interpret the Bible according to one’s own experience and belief. At the same time, we expect all to show respect for the opinions, viewpoints, doubts and questions of others.
- Equality in Ministry – Men and women, young and old, all races and cultures, all classes and abilities, all sexual orientations serve in all areas of leadership, including the ordained ministry.
- Christian Unity – We believe the church is called to be one and, therefore, are involved in ecumenical and interfaith activities. We honor all forms of baptism and welcome all persons to the Lord’s Table.
- Local Control and Government – We own our own property, select our own ministers and decide how to allocate our finances.
- Community Involvement – We strive for justice and peace among all people, bringing hope to those Jesus called the least of his sisters and brothers. We are active in working to combat hunger, poverty, homelessness and injustice at home and abroad.
In essentials, unity
In opinions, liberty
And in all things charity.
We invite you to discover the joy, warmth and love
of the Christian fellowship at First Christian Church.
Dan Bryant, Senior Minister
April Oristano, Associate Pastor